Frequently Asked Questions
I’m having problems with the box office. Who do I call?
If you have any problems purchasing tickets, please call the Catamount Arts Regional Box Office at (802) 748-2600 or Toll-Free at (888) 757-5559. All ticket sales go through them.
Can I avoid taxes and fees when I order tickets?
A 10% box office fee is applied to online orders. This fee is waived when you purchase tickets in person. State taxes – over which we have no control – are applied at checkout to all orders.
What discounts do you offer?
- All tickets are 20% off when purchased 30 days or more in advance of the show.
- Seniors ages 55 and up receive $3 off (as do Catamount Arts members).
- The best deal on premium seats is the KCP Presents Season Pass. Buying our pass is like buying a premium seat to every show at 37-40% off regular prices. Plus you save on box office fees, and you only have to do one transaction.
- Thanks to a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts we are able to offer a limited number of $15 baseline priced tickets to each show, plus students 18 and under get in for free to almost all of our shows when accompanied by a paying adult. Employees of our business sponsors enjoy $10 off all tickets, all season long!
What is the best way to get my tickets in hand?
All tickets are sold through the Catamount Arts Regional Box Office, 802-748-2600 or toll-free 888-757-5559. You have three options:
- The easiest option is to choose “Print at home” when you check out. These printouts work exactly like regular tickets.
- If you don’t have a printer – or if you want traditional-looking tickets for gift-giving, etc, – you can have your tickets mailed to you.
- At the end of the checkout process, you can choose to have your tickets held for you at the box office (Catamount Arts, 115 Eastern Avenue in St. Johnsbury). If you don’t get a chance to pick them up in person before the show, they will be available for pickup at the Will Call desk starting one hour before show time.
What is the “Will Call” desk?
The “Will Call” desk is the table where you pick up your tickets if you didn’t print them at home, or if you didn’t have them mailed to you in advance.
What comes with a Gold Circle ticket?
Bragging rights! The absolute best seating. Occasionally performers agree to attend special receptions before or after the performance; Gold Circle ticket holders are invited to those receptions.
Do you sell gift certificates?
Yes! You can purchase gift certificates in person at the Catamount Arts box office. We will be selling them online starting June 1.
Do you sell season passes?
Yes! More information is here.
Performances and Venues
Where is your venue?
We do not have our own venue. Although the region has a wealth of gorgeous smaller venues, in order to afford world-class performers, we need to use higher-capacity venues. We are extremely grateful to be able to use the following venues:
- St. Johnsbury Academy’s Fuller Hall, 1000 Main Street in St. Johnsbury: A beautiful venue with a capacity of 800, two large dressing rooms, and a Green Room. No kitchen facilities, but our caterers have work-around solutions to accommodate performers. (In order to protect the venue, St. Johnsbury Academy does not allow food or drink in Fuller Hall.) For shows at Fuller Hall, park in the St. Johnsbury Academy Field House parking lot. (The Field House is #18 on this campus map.) The driveway is immediately across from Fuller Hall; look for parking guides wearing reflective vests. You may have as much as a quarter mile walk.
- Lyndon Institute’s Alumni Auditorium, 168 Institute Circle, Lyndonville: Wonderful acoustics and comfortable seating; a smaller capacity of around 630; a little further from the bulk of our ticket buyers and no dressing rooms (we set up dressing rooms in the gym or locker rooms). LI’s is the only stage in the area (apart from Newport) that is large enough for dance performances – a critical component of our series. Parking is in the back of the school, just outside the entrance to the auditorium. Be sure to enter the one-way drive the correct way; there is a lot of production activity and a handicapped entrance at the exit-only end, to the right of the main entrance.
- Lyndon State College’s Alexander Twilight Theater, 1001 College Road, Lyndonville, VT 05851: The Alexander Twilight Theatre is the heart of the Lyndon State College campus and has been a center of entertainment and education not only for the College, but for the greater Northeast Kingdom community for over four decades.
- St. Johnsbury School’s Auditorium: 257 Western Ave, St Johnsbury, VT 05819: A modern facility with great acoustics and site-lines. An intimate venue for any performance.
Where should I park?
For shows at Fuller Hall (1000 Main Street), park in the St. Johnsbury Academy Field House parking lot. (The Field House is #18 on this campus map.) The driveway is immediately across from Fuller Hall; look for parking guides wearing reflective vests. You may have as much as a quarter mile walk.
For shows at Lyndon Institute, there is parking in the back of the school. Be sure to enter the one-way drive the correct way; there is a lot of production activity and a handicapped entrance at the exit-only end!
For shows at both Lyndon State College and the St. Johnsbury School, there is plenty of parking in front of the venues.
When do doors open?
Doors to the hall (your seat) generally open half an hour before show time, depending on the artists’ preference. You can pick up your tickets at the venue starting one hour before show time (prior to that, they can be picked up at the box office, 115 Eastern Avenue, St. Johnsbury). Please do allow extra time to park, walk, and get settled. Shows start on time!
Can I bring my children?
They are always allowed. It’s up to you! Students 18 and under go to most of our shows for free! But, our shows also make great date nights.
Can I leave the venue at intermission and come back in?
Are your facilities accessible?
- Fuller Hall: Enter the second driveway to the left of Fuller Hall for handicapped parking near the wheelchair-accessible side entrance. An usher will greet you at the door and help seat you.
- Lyndon Institute: The main doors to the lobby are accessible, but there is also an accessible entrance next to the handicapped parking spaces (alongside the building to the right of the main door). This is also where tour buses unload. The buses should not block the entrance or parking spaces in any way. If you have any problems the night of the show, please call Andrea Kane at 802-349-0749.
- For shows at both Lyndon State College and the St. Johnsbury School, the main doors to the lobby are accessible.
- If you have any questions or requests, please call Molly Stone at (802)748-2600 x106.
Do you allow smoking at your shows?
No smoking is allowed indoors or at the entrances to any of the venues we use.
Will there be food and alcohol for sale?
Not usually. Lyndon Institute, Lyndon State College and St. Johnsbury School allow us to sell food and non-alcoholic beverages in the lobby. (To protect the hall, no food or drink is allowed inside the auditorium.) No food or drink is allowed in Fuller Hall.
Do you have any other questions? Let us know! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.